Helmet Mounted Display
Exceptional visuals are mandatory for any simulator. The VSS Head Mounted Display (HMD) offers clear visuals in a High Definition resolution with flexible mounting options for a range of real-world helmets for maximum immersion.
Designed specifically for simulation, the VSS HMD supports peripheral vision to minimise vertigo and motion sickness normally experienced with enclosed systems. It also allows just enough look-under view to operate complex simulated devices such as replica weaponry (e.g. performing immediate action drills) or viewing cockpit displays. Perhaps most importantly, the VSS HMD's peripheral view also allows full movement over large areas without hazard risks of tripping or ramming obstacles, while still allowing a large virtual field of view (over 55 degrees diagonally).
The VSS HMD allows the user to have extremely clear visuals to enhance assessing the virtual environment for visual queues, with a 720p native resolution and support for up to 1080p. The HDMI connection is low latency and connects to most COTS computer systems.
The HMDs are fully adjustable with eye relief and focus able to be customised to the individual user, and can be rotated up out of the eyeline when needed. The HMDs will fit natively onto Gentex helmet ANVIS NVG mounts and several other helmet types. VSS can also provide custom mounts for new helmets or NVG mounts, or we can provide a low cost generic lightweight training helmet.
Although normally used in conjunction with our own simulators, the VSS HMDs are able to support numerous IGs with a COTS visual interface - HDMI. Therefore the HMD is available for sale to anyone to integrate with their own simulation solutions.
- High Definition visuals from native 720p to full 1080p support
- Fully adjustable eye relief and HMD positioning
- Fits a variety of helmets and mounts
- Quick adjustment system to suit numerous users
- Allows peripheral vision to support physical part-tasking procedures
- Suitable for NVG training
- Uses OLED Technology for clear and reliable visuals
- Extended simulator training time due to minimised vertigo and motion sickness symptoms experienced with fully enclosed systems