MK2 Sniper Trainer
The VSS MK2 Sniper Trainer is a revolutionary new system that turns any scoped weapon into a Sniper simulator. MK2 presents a complete COTS training package for snipers and spotters, with a projection dome, virtual devices, and integrated software.
MK2 supports 2-man sniper teams by combining detachable Virtual Reality hardware optics with high-fidelity computer simulation, offering a complete training solution that can simply clip onto a field weapon or replica gun.
- Train Sniper/Spotter teams in a controlled and cost effective environment whilst gradually increasing scenario complexity
- Supports the use of the actual military issue sniper rifles, thus offering trainees the same muscle memory reactions and trigger pull fine motor skills with no requirement to remove the original scope.
- Trainees can be immersed in a wide range of scenarios that are normally impractical to simulate due to cost or manpower. Scenarios can range from covert recon and pattern of life observation to force multiplier, highly aggressive environments.
- Supports the spotter role with high fidelity VR Binoculars for target identification and 'fall of shot' adjustments to the shooter.
- The MK2 virtual scope supports windage and elevation clicks in mils to obtain the correct ballistic solution.
- Spotters use the VSS Vector21 Rangefinding binoculars that place both trainees in the same virtual environment.
- Various caliber dummy rounds are supported (e.g. 5.56mm NATO, 7.62mm, .338 Lapua, .50 BMG)