Reconnaissance, Surveillance and Intelligence gathering are major components of any military operation and training scenario. VSS has complemented the virtual battlefield with operational replica binoculars such as the Vector 21 Rangefinding Binos and M22 Field Binos commonly used by numerous military organisations around the world.
The VSS VR Binoculars use the same OLED technology in our Head Mounted Displays to provide trainees with a crisp, clear virtual image in High Definition.
Our VR binoculars offer operational buttons with COTS interfaces (USB) to assign to any simulator function. In the case of replicating the Vector 21, these can be assigned to azimuth and range display functions.
Available in a number of forms:
- 1) As a standalone training system, with integrated hardware, tracking and software. Can be supplied with a widescreen TV for situational awareness or a 4m projection dome for maximum immersion.
- 2) Combined with our other simulators such as the MK2 SNiper Trainer or the Virtual JTAC Simulator.
- 3) A pass-through replica device (no integrated software/tracking) with COTS interfaces (HDMI and USB) for any party to integrate with their own simulation solution, using their preferred tracking system and simulation engine.
A valuable addition to the VSS fleet of virtual training devices, the VR Binoculars support trainee immersion in to a complex and difficult training environment.
VR Binoculars Offers:
- Replica of Vector21, M22 or any custom binocular type
- Resolutions from 720p native to 1080p
- COTS interfaces - HDMI and USB
- Standalone simulator, use with other VSS simulators, or integrate into third party simulators as a pass-through device