Helicopter Recovery training System (HRTS)
The VSS Helicopter Recovery Training System (HRTS) is a natural evolution of our Rear Cabin Trainers (aka CATS) and our Virtual Marshalling Simulator, combining elements of each into a highly customizable training solution. HRTS presents a full physical cabin environment with trainees free to move around and operate the completely immersive equipment, using an Augmented Reality high fidelity view of the external environment. The combination of replica hardware to fulfil contextual training, an ICS available for communications with ship duty role players, fully animated 3D representation of all deck, ocean and aircraft activity, and an integrated, semi-automated "Intelligent Tutor" courseware to ease instructor/operator burden, allows the HRTS to deliver maximum effectiveness for training.
- The HRTS cabin can be tailored for any specific ship or for any specific training outcome of Landing Safety Officers (LSOs) in the recovery of helicopters. This includes ships fitted with a RAST (Recovery Assist, Secure and Traverse) system.
- HRTS consists of an LSO cabin in the proper dimensions for the targeted ship (or reconfigurable/generic to support multiple ships), containing full replica controls and instrumentation, together with an Instructor Operating Station (IOS). A CCTV option allows for synchronized after action review of both the physical and virtual world simultaneously.
- The Titan simulation engine contains all of the required physics, flight dynamics, animations, and ship/helicopter functionality in order to conduct the required preparation, recovery, securing, traverse and launch evolutions required of the aircraft, including malfunctions and emergency conditions.
- Utilising the powerful Titan simulation engine, the HRTS features extensive scenario creation, administration and after action review capabilities, with a global terrain database (including all world oceans and coastlines), adjustable sea states, weather simulation and an extensive library of both static and moving models.
- The HRTS can be delivered in either VR, AR or projected/screen configurations, or a combination of, for maximum flexibility and targeted budgets. All functions and integrated courseware can be customized to suit specific curriculum and ship functions.