Live Hoist Training Tower (LHTT)
The VSS Live Hoist Training Tower (LHTT) utilises both industry proven techniques and current state of the art technologies to deliver enhanced aircrew training on a live platform that saves airframe hours and keeps valuable aircraft operational instead of supporting training tasks.
With safety at the forefront of design, VSS incorporates a personnel approved hoist system in conjunction with a fit for purpose cabin layout to enable efficient and effective training for both current and future hoisting practices.
The LHTT features a multi-stage cut-off safety system for inadvertent cable runaway, a hoist monitoring system for maintenance control, a multi-position instructor pendant control for variable hoist practices and an industry standard hoist attachment system.
The framework has been designed to be a free standing unit, enabling the LHTT to be installed with minimal modifications to any existing structures and allows for its relocation if required. The mezzanine access module is constructed of structural galvanised iron to resist corrosion and provide high levels of durability.
- External doors
- Internal floor (recessed tracking to facilitate the movement of seating)
- Seating for forward and rear cabin
- Seat belts
- Live digital recording of events via 4 internal cabin cameras
- Internal ICS
- Internal roof mounted personal safety line hard points
- Rear cabin will also accommodate replicated stowage areas if required
- SAR internal stretcher assembly for live patient handling